Friday, July 29, 2011

Moora Fine Arts Winter School 2011

When ever I go away to teach is always a bit stressful in that you have to take EVERYTHING, all the necessary tools and equipment needed for a weekend workshop. I worry that I’ll forget that essential something. Also, taking the kiln is always an effort. For a start it weighs 37kilos. It has to lifted off the bench in my studio, placed onto my sack trolley, wheeled to the boot of the car and lifted into it. At the venue I have to get it out of the car and into the classroom, do they have a trolley or shall I take mine? I decided to leave taking the sack trolley as I was pretty sure that Moora had on and it takes up so much room in the car.
I was waiting on a delivery of the silver metal clay to be sure I had enough for the weekend and the courier came an hour before I was due to leave home. Good job! Enough supplies.  Something else not to worry about.
I had nice drive to Moora. This time of the year everything is so green, reminds me of the green grass of where I lived in Cornwall, UK. The wattle trees are just coming into bloom. As I was driving I spotted a beaut rainbow, I just had to pullover and take a photo.
IMG_0001
I arrived at the gallery, was met and had help to unload. The Moora Fine Arts Gallery has accommodation for artists in residence at the rear of the gallery. Its not flash but adequate for short stay. There’s a bathroom, kitchen and a couple of bedrooms. Luckily there’s a cafe next door for food. While I waited for my chicken burger to be cook I found a DVD to hire. I brought my laptop computer with me, so I was able to watch Johnny Depp and Angela Jolie in “The Tourist”.

No comments: