Saturday, June 25, 2011

Studio play

This weekend is a quiet one for me. No workshops, so I‘ve been playing. Today I made some copper hoop earrings with turquoise beads. First of all I annealed some thick copper wire and hammered flat. I drilled holes to thread sterling silver wires that will hold the turquoise beads.
detail   detail2   I balled up sterling silver wires, threaded the small beads onto the wires, through the drilled holes and then hammered the ends to prevent the beads from falling off.
I cut lengths of copper wire and made a loop in the middle, then threaded the ends through the hoops and hammered each end to keep them in place.
copper hoops 3   copper hoops close
The earring hooks are also sterling silver, balled up and shaped.
copper hoops  That’s it! I will make a few more of these and put some in my online shop!

No comments: