Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fishing Off Two Rocks

Beck 20_2_09 004
Photo courtesy of Angie Beck
I had the opportunity to fishing from Two Rocks, setting out from the marina. I went in a 4 metre ‘tinnie’ which wasn’t the most comfortable boat. (Hard on the backside even though I’m well padded.) The day brought back many memories of the days I used to fish with my husband, when occasionally we had a day off from the farm work and go fishing from Two Rocks. Good times I had always thought. Today, I had to borrow my daughter’s rod as my fishing gear was taken along with our boat and probably passed on to my husband’s new girlfriend.
I had a big hook up near Map reef. Whatever it was took bait and hook and I’ll never know what fish that took it. I did come home with a few herring which Ruth gutted and cooked. It was good to get out on the water.

No comments: