Friday, January 19, 2007

McNaught Comet


On Wednesday evening I took my camera, tripod, the dog and a hastely purchased pizza onto the dunes at Two Rocks. I had heard on the 6 o'clock news about a comet being seen over Perth. It is apparently viewed just after the sun sets. Well the sunset views were spectacular and then I waited for the comet to appear.............and I waited.............. I had forgotten to bring a jumper and the wind was really cold. I found a car rug and slung that round my shoulders. So here I am kneeling in the sand (the tripod legs refused to lock when extended), my zoom lens poised to the sky with the wind daring to rip my blanket away. Voila the comet. As the sky got darker the comet appeared brighter.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Catharina Maria said...

this is beautiful to see !
Lucky you ;o)
Rini - the Netherlands